New Publications from the AEL in 2020
Drs. Ludsin and Marschall have been busily sharing the results of their research this spring! See a list of publications below.
This work was aided by many AEL members and alums (former students and post-docs) including Manju Manubolu, Ben Marcek, Josh Stone, Ruth Briland, Cassie May, Dave Glover, Kim Winslow and Emily Burbacher.
Thanks for everyone for their hard work and dedication to disseminating the fruits of the great research happening at the AEL!
1. Blawut, B., B. Wolfe, C.R. Moraes, S.A. Ludsin, and M.A. Coutinho da Silva. 2020. Use of hypertonic media to cryopreserve sauger spermatozoa. North American Journal of Aquaculture 82:84-91. doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2019.106240
2. Blawut, B., B. Wolfe, C.R. Moraes, D. Sweet, S.A. Ludsin, and M.A. Coutinho da Silva. 2020. Testicular collections as a technique to increase milt availability in sauger (Sander canadensis). Animal Reproduction Science 212:106240. doi.org/10.1016/j.anireprosci.2019.106240.
3. Briland, R., J.P. Stone, M. Manubolu, J. Lee, and S.A. Ludsin. 2020. Cyanobacterial blooms modify food web structure and interactions in western Lake Erie. Harmful Algae 92:1010586. doi.org/10.1016/j.hal.2019.03.004.
4. Chen, K.Y., P.T. Euclide, S.A. Ludsin, W.A. Larson, M.G. Sovic, H.L. Gibbs, and E.A. Marschall. 2020. RAD‐seq refines previous estimates of genetic structure in Lake Erie walleye. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 149:159-173.
5. May, C.J., S.A. Ludsin, D. Glover, and E.A. Marschall. 2020. The influence of larval growth rate on juvenile recruitment in Lake Erie walleye (Sander vitreus). Canadian Journal of Fisheries and Aquatic Sciences 77:548-555.
6. Marcek, B.J., E.A. Burbacher, K. Dabrowski, K.P. Winslow, and S.A. Ludsin. 2020. Interactive effects of hypoxia and temperature on consumption, growth, and condition of juvenile hybrid striped bass. Transactions of the American Fisheries Society 149:71-83.